Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix 5lb
Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix is the first-ever "just add water" pie crust mix, and it's still the best. You can count on these easy-to-make flaky pie crusts that come out perfect every time. After all, the name Krusteaz a mix of "crust" and "ease," and it has come to stand for home baked goodness.The Krusteaz story began in 1932 when a group of women from a Seattle bridge club created an easy-as-pie, just-add-water crust that was an industry first. They called it 'Crust Ease'. Since them, Krusteaz, still a Seattle-based, family-owned business, has come to stand for home-baked goodness, fresh from the oven in minutes. Our product line includes pancakes, waffles, muffins and quick breads, cookies, dessert bars, cornbread, crumb cakes and more. One bite and you’ll know why Krusteaz is a such a cherished tradition, from our family to yours.
- Simple, melt-in-your-mouth pie crust for a variety of occasions
- Produces a tender, flaky pie crust
- Simply add water, and that's all it takes
- Easy to make, yet hard to put down
Ingredients: ENRICHED UNBLEACHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR), PALM AND SOYBEAN OIL, SALT.
You'll need: mix - cold water. For single crust pie: 1 cup - 2-3 tbsp. For double crust pie: 2 cups - 4-6 tbsp.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F or as recipe directs. Stir together pie crust mix and cold water, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix with a fork until dough forms.
2. Shape into a ball. Shape dough into a ball and place onto a well-floured surface. (For double crust pie, shape into 2 dough balls.) Using a rolling pin, flatten and roll dough into a circle 2-inches larger in diameter than inverted pie pan.
3. Fold into quarters. Fold dough into quarters; place in pie pan. (For double crust pie, set aside second sheet of folded dough.) Unfold and style edge as desired. Complete as directed below.
Pie type - directions: Ready-to-fill pie - Pierce bottom and sides of pie crust with fork. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Fill baked crust according to recipe directions. Single crust pie - Fill unbaked pie crust. Bake according to recipe directions. Double crust pie - Fill unbaked pie crust; moisten edge of crust with water. Place reserved dough sheet over filling; unfold and pinch edge to seal. Cut steam slits in top crust. Bake according to recipe directions.