Duncan Hines Signature Cake Mix
Duncan Hines Signature Cake Mix makes a sweet dessert. It comes up soft, moist and spongy. This angel food cake mix is easy to prepare, so you can get dessert on the table quickly. You can enjoy it plain, or cover it with your favorite Duncan Hines frosting (available separately) for an extra special treat. This versatile mix is ideal for parties and other gatherings. The fat-free cake mix is an easy way to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Duncan Hines Signature Cake Mix Spice Cake.
- Deliciously moist cake mix.
- The Duncan Hines promise.
- The best cakes begin with the best batter.
- Duncan Hines promises a smooth, velvety batter for a perfect cake every time.
Spice Cake Ingredients: SUGAR, ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), VEGETABLE OIL SHORTENING (PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL MONO- AND DIESTERS OF FATS, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES), LEAVENING (SODIUM BICARBONATE, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE). CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: WHEAT STARCH, SPICES, SALT, DEXTROSE, CELLULOSE GUM, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, XANTHAN GUM, COLORED WITH (CARAMEL COLOR AND YELLOW 5 LAKE).
Angel Food Ingredients: SUGAR, ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WHEAT STARCH, POWDERED EGG WHITES (EGG ALBUMEN, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE [WHIPPING AID]), LEAVENING (MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE MONOHYDRATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, CREAM OF TARTAR). CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: CORN STARCH, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.
You will need: 3 large eggs.1 cup water.1/3 cup vegetable oil.
1. Prep 350 degrees F: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for metal and glass pans. *325 degrees F for dark or coated pans. Grease sides and bottom of each pan with shortening or oil spray.Flour lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes).
2. Mix: Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in pans and bake immediately.
3. Bake: Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees F following chart below. *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing. Cool completely before frosting.Pan size - 2 8-inch - 2 9-inch - 13 x 9-inch - Bundt®** - 24 cupcakes.Bake Time - 26-29 min - 22-25 min - 26-29 min - 30-35 min - 17-20 min.Lower fat recipe: prepare and bake following the directions above except using 3/4 cup water, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce and 3 eggs. Reduce baking time 1-2 minutes.High altitude (over 3,500 ft): preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir 2 tbsp of flour, 1/3 cup oil, 1 cup water and 3 eggs. Mix as directed above. Two 8-inch pans 26-30 min; two 9-inch pans 24-28 min; 13x9 inch pan, baked 25-29 min; bundt pan 30-40 min; 24 cupcakes 14-18 min.