Cream of Wheat
Cream of Wheat Original Enriched Farina is made with ground wheat and has a smooth texture. The traditional cook-on-stove product is prepared by boiling water or milk and slowly pouring in the ground wheat while stirring.
Let it simmer while stirring 2 ? minutes after the ground wheat is blended. This product may also be cooked using a microwave oven for faster and easier preparation.
Cream Of Wheat Original Stove Top, 12 Oz
Ingredients: WHEAT FARINA, CALCIUM CARBONATE, DEFATTED WHEAT GERM, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE, NIACINAMIDE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID.
Instructions: Stovetop Directions:
1. Bring water and salt to a boil. (Or, if using milk, just bring to a boil).
2. Gradually add Cream of Wheat, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended.
3. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
1. Mix 3 Tbsp. Cream of Wheat, 3/4 cup water or milk and a dash of salt in 1-quart microwaveable bowl or measuring cup.
2. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir with wire whisk. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir again. Cool slightly. Caution: Bowl will be hot; carefully remove from microwave using pot holders.
Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate. Overheating can cause cereal to boil over. Tips for Best Results: When preparing with milk, watch carefully, stirring to prevent milk from boiling over. For thinner cereal, stir in 1 to 2 Tbsp. additional hot water or milk for each serving. For thicker cereal, let stand a few minutes. Infant and
Toddler Use: Cream of Wheat makes a delicious food for infants age 6-12 months or toddlers. Discuss introduction of solid foods and the use of formula or milk in its preparation with your child's pediatrician. Cream of Wheat is easy to swallow, easy to digest and an excellent source of iron. Follow conventional directions using 1/2 cup water or milk and 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Cream of Wheat, omitting salt. (Cereal will be very thick). After cooking, stir in infant formula or milk to desired consistency and temperature.